2021: Simply Vietnam (2710)
12 Day Tour from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
With its long history, interesting culture, and gorgeous scenery, Vietnam offers something for everyone. On this Vietnam tour, you'll overnight in Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Phong Nha National Park, Hoi An, Hue, and Ho Chi Minh City. Sightseeing tours in the cities feature the must-see historic sites, including Hanoi's Temple of Literature, built in 1070, and One Pillar Pagoda, built in 1049; Hoi An's Japanese Covered Bridge; Hue's Forbidden Purple City, the emperor's residence constructed in 1804; and Hoi An's Thien Mu Pagoda. In Ho Chi Minh City, your sightseeing includes the War Remnants Museum and the Cu Chi region, where you'll have a chance to enter and explore the deep, narrow tunnels constructed by the Viet Cong during the war.Vietnam isn't just home to beautiful temples and historic sites though! You'll enjoy seeing some of Vietnam's most gorgeous sights and destinations via the water. Perhaps the highlight of the trip is your cruise on Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with some of the world's most amazing limestone scenery. You'll sail by islets, caves, beaches, and floating villages. In Phong Nha National Park, a boat ride on the Son River takes you to Phong Nha Cave. You'll also enjoy a cruise in Hoi An on the Thu Bon River, where you'll pass unspoiled countryside. These are just some of the many highlights on this tour through Vietnam. From the historic sites to the gorgeous scenery, this Vietnam tour designed for savvy, value-minded travelers is a vacation of a lifetime!
Call 800-843-4332 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15083781
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Hanoi||Welcome to Vietnam's capital city. Hotel rooms are available for a mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Hanoi||Today's included sightseeing tour takes you to many of the city's highlights, including the Temple of Literature, a peaceful series of walled courtyards and gateways, and One Pillar Pagoda, designed to resemble a lotus blossom. You will also see Ho Chi Minh's stilt house, Hoan Kiem Lake, and the fascinating network of alleyways and shop houses that make up the Old Quarter. This evening, enjoy a performance of Hanoi's famed water puppets. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Ha Long Bay||Drive to Ha Long Bay, one of Vietnam's favorite destinations, and board your afternoon cruise through the stunning bay. Enjoy lunch on board as you sail through the dramatic limestone islands, then explore the Sung Sot (Surprising Cave) and visit Titov Island. (B,L)|
|Day 4||KE BANG NATIONAL PARK||Return to Hanoi this morning and fly to Dong Hoi. From here, journey inland to remarkable Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, a UNESCO park littered with beautiful jungles, caves, and underground rivers. Your lodging tonight is a charming farmstay at the base of the park. (B)|
|Day 5||KE BANG NATIONAL PARK||This morning, take a boat ride on the Son River to Phong Nha Cave, famous for its rock formations with names like the 'Lion' and the 'Buddha.' The afternoon is at your leisure to enjoy the activities and serene views at your hotel. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Hue||Drive to Hue, stopping at the DMZ bridge en route. Upon arrival in the imperial walled city of Hue, visit the Forbidden Purple City, modeled after Beijing's famed Forbidden City. During your visit, you will see Thai Hoa Palace, the Halls of the Mandarins, and the Nine Dynastic Urns. (B)|
|Day 7||Hoi An||Begin today with a visit to pretty Thien Mu Pagoda, made up of seven tiers, each dedicated to a step assumed by Buddha to reach enlightenment. Continue up the river to the Imperial Tomb of Minh Mang, a majestic complex of courtyards, pavilions, and temples in a beautiful setting. Head south through spectacular Hai Van Pass (weather permitting) and visit the Cham Museum, then continue to the charming town of Hoi An. (B,L)|
|Day 8||Hoi An||Start today with a cruise on the Thu Bon River, passing unspoiled countryside. Then, a leisurely walking tour through Hoi An Ancient Town brings you to the Japanese Covered Bridge. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 9||Ho Chi Minh City||Enjoy your morning at leisure. This afternoon, fly to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam's largest and most vibrant city, packed with timeless traditions. (B)|
|Day 10||Ho Chi Minh City||Today's sightseeing tour takes in Dong Khoi Street, the main shopping thoroughfare, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Central Post Office. Afterward, visit the Reunification Palace and the War Remnants Museum, as well as the Chinese district. (B)|
|Day 11||Ho Chi Minh City||Today, visit the Cu Chi tunnels, an extraordinary network of tunnels more than 120 miles long that was used by the Viet Cong as a hideout and secret village during the war. See secret trapdoors, underground kitchens, living areas, and meeting rooms. If you are feeling adventurous, you may enter and explore the deep, narrow tunnels. (B)|
|Day 12||Ho Chi Minh City||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
2022 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in August 2021.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).