GLOBUS 2020: Idyllic Aegean with 7-Night Cruise (RL)
11 days from Athens to Athens
Fascinating archaeological treasures, sunny beaches, crystal-blue water, and much more await you on this marvellous Greece vacation. Your tour starts and ends in Athens and includes guided sightseeing with an expert Local Guide. Among the sights you will see, you'll visit the Acropolis, located on a rocky promontory and dating to the 5th century BC. Then enjoy the highlight of your vacation, a 7-night cruise on the Aegean Sea cruising to some of the world's most beautiful islands. Cruise to Kusadasi in Turkey and enjoy the white-sand beaches, the covered bazaar, and visit ancient Ephesus, with its fascinating Greek, Roman, and Byzantine excavations. Explore the Old Town of Rhodes and visit the fabulous Temple of Athena in Lindos. Next is Heraklion on Crete and Knossos, the center of the 3000BC Minoan civilization. Stop in Santorini (weather permitting), still an active volcano offering one of the world's most breath-taking panoramas, where you'll see bright white buildings and cliffs rising from the Aegean Sea-one of Greece's most beautiful spots. Next is Milos, the 'Island of Colors' followed by Mykonos, Greece's jet-set island with its seafront village, sandy beaches, and whitewashed houses. Wander through the picturesque alleys and narrow streets; take photos of the windmills that overlook the embankment; relax at a waterfront cafe; and watch for the official mascot of Mykonos, a pelican. . Whilst sailing, enjoy the ship's many amenities. Sunbathe, sip a cool drink, splash in the pool, and relax. The Greek Islands are calling you, and now is your chance to experience their beauty, fascinating histories, stunning scenery and ancient monuments. This is a dream vacation to Greece!
Call 800-843-4332 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594585
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your Globus Host and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||Athens||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features a visit to the world-famous ACROPOLIS, perched high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the city. Here, see the Parthenon, the Erechtheum with its Porch of Maidens, and the Temple of Athena Nike. Enjoy a panoramic view that includes glimpses of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Theater of Dionysus, and the beautifully preserved Theseum, where Socrates taught. Later, a city orientation tour features the Parliament House and a picture stop at the Panathenaic Stadium. Built in the 2nd century AD, it is the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble, and was host to the opening and closing ceremonies of the first modern Olympics in 1896. The rest of the day is at leisure. How about a Greek dinner tonight? Your local host knows where to find local fare and entertainment reminiscent of Zorba the Greek. (B)|
|Day 3||PIREAUS||Today, head to the port city of Pireaus, where your cruise ship awaits to whisk you into the crystal-blue waters of the Aegean Sea. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Cruising: Istanbul||Port of call today: Kusadasi on the Turkish coast. Visit the fascinating Greek, Roman, and Byzantine excavations of EPHESUS. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Cruising: Rhodes||Today is dedicated to the island of RHODES. Explore the historic OLD TOWN with its ramparts and palaces built by the Knights of St. John during the Crusades. Next is LINDOS with the fabulous Temple of Athena. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||CRUISING: HERAKLION||Dock at Heraklion on the island of Crete. A few miles away is KNOSSOS, the center of the 3000-BC Minoan civilization and the setting for the legend of Greek hero Theseus and the Minotaur. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Cruising: Santorini||This morning, call at Santorini (weather permitting), the 'Black Pearl of the Aegean.' The optional shore excursion takes you to the cliff-top village of Oia for one of the world's most breathtaking panoramas. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Mykonos||First port of call today is the volcanic island of Milos, known as the 'Island of Colors' for its spectacular colorful rock formations. The island is most famous for its ancient statue of Aphrodite-the world-famous Venus de Milo, which is on permanent display in Paris' Louvre. Milos is also renowned for its magnificent beaches, picturesque villages, and catacombs that are older than Rome's. This afternoon sail to Mykonos, and arrive in the early evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Mykonos||A whole day to do just as you please. Relax in the sun on one of the beautiful golden sandy beaches or take a short boat ride to see the archaeological ruins on the nearby island of Delos, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Inhabited since the 3rd millennium BC, Delos was known in ancient times as a sacred sanctuary and, later, as the birthplace of the twin gods Apollo and Artemis. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Athens||After breakfast on board, disembark at Piraeus and return to Athens. Tonight is your chance to join an optional dinner at a local restaurant. (B)|
|Day 11||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
The prices are per person in category IB twin inside cabin.Port Taxes $289 & Gratuities $70 to service personnel on board the ship are not included but are additional and mandatory. These fees will be added to your Vacation Estimate.Supplement per person to outside cabin XB: $260Supplement for single room on land and single occupancy:in inside cabin IB: $680; in outside cabin XB: $1010Reduction for triple room on land and triple occupancy:in inside cabin IB: $145Reduction for triple room on land and triple occupancy:in outside cabin XB: $25Cabin assignments and meal seatings are determined during the tour prior to boarding.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).